Diabetes Alert Day Partner ToolkitIn this online toolkit, NDEP provides you with ideas and resources to support your Diabetes Alert Day outreach efforts:
Articles, Releases, and Talking Points
- News Release: Customize this template news release to promote Diabetes Alert Day 2013 in your community.
- Feature Article: Submit this article to your local newspaper or promote it in your organization's newsletter or e-newsletter.
- Talking Points and Tips for Working with the Media: Use these talking points and tips to help you promote Diabetes Alert Day and frame your news story so it appeals to the media.
- E-newsletter Article: Share this brief article for health care professionals via your e-newsletter or professional listservs.
Social Media MessagesSpread the Word
If you have a family history of diabetes, you could be at risk. Here's how you can spread the word:
In observance of Diabetes Alert Day 2013 (March 26), the NDEP wants you to take action to learn about your family health history and your risk for type 2 diabetes. RSVP to NDEP’s Facebook event and share the event with your friends.Alert your Followers
On March 26, share this message: Today is #DiabetesAlertDay. Take action to learn about your family health history and your risk for type 2 #diabetes: http://1.usa.gov/WAO81Q
Web Buttons and Email Signatures
- Web Buttons: Post these buttons on your website or blog and share them with your partners.
- E-mail Signatures: Add an electronic signature to your e-mail messages to help promote Diabetes Alert Day.
Videos and PublicationsPublications
- Help patients assess their risk with Small Steps, Big Rewards. Your GAME PLAN to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Information for Patients
- It's Not Too Late to Prevent Diabetes