What’s New RSS Feed Help with RSS
Archive for 'Health Care Professionals'
Jun 14, 2012
You asked for it, and we delivered! NDEP's Road to Health Evaluation Guide is now available in English and Spanish for people who use the Road to Health Toolkit. The guide includes simple tools to assess the following:
- Is the target audience being reached?
- What is the quality of the activities?
- How do you improve the program's activities?
- How do you monitor the participants' behavior changes?
Extra, Extra! New Bonus! Join the NDEP Road to Health Implementers Community! This learning community is for people who use the Road to Health Toolkit as a resource to manage diabetes prevention activities. Find and share lessons learned, tools, and resources to support the implementation of the toolkit.
For more information about the Road to Health Evaluation Guide or to join the Road to Health Implementers community, contact Betsy Rodríguez, CDC/NDEP Deputy Director at email@example.com.
Aug 05, 2011
NDEP Releases Updated Edition of Redesigning the Health Care Team: Diabetes Prevention and Lifelong Management
NDEP’s Redesigning the Health Care Team: Diabetes Prevention and Lifelong Management (Team Care guide), provides practical resources to help health care professionals and organizations implement team care for people with diabetes.
The guide contains:
- Evidence that supports team care as a component of effective diabetes management
- Steps for forming and maintaining a successful team
- Case studies demonstrating real-world team care in traditional and nontraditional settings
Team care is a key component of health care reform initiatives that incorporate an integrated health care delivery system, especially those initiatives for chronic disease prevention and management.
A team approach to diabetes care can help reduce risk factors for type 2 diabetes, improve diabetes management, and lower the risk for complications. Health care professionals should collaborate with colleagues to provide comprehensive diabetes care to improve health outcomes.
Learn more about the Team Care guide
View or download Team Care promotional materials
Nov 29, 2010
NDEP's Road to Health series has expanded its offerings with these new materials:
Kit El Camino Hacia la buena salud
Designed for Hispanics/Latinos at risk for type 2 diabetes, this tool kit provides materials to start a community outreach program reinforcing the message that type 2 diabetes can be delayed or prevented.
Road to Health Training Guide
This guide is designed for people who develop or offer train-the-trainer workshops and for community health workers who work with people who are Hispanic/Latino or African American/African Ancestry. Other health care professionals, diabetes educators, health educators, nurses, dietitians, and community educators can also be trained or provide training to others by using the Road to Health Toolkit. Also available in Spanish.
Road to Health Training Video
This bilingual instructional video is intended to teach health workers, NDEP partner organizations, and other health professionals how to use the Road to Health Toolkit and Kit El camino hacia la buena salud. This training video is a compilation of some activities to help you visualize and get ideas on how to conduct successful training sessions with the kit.
Sep 03, 2010
NDEP will be exhibiting at the National Association of Community Health Centers' (NACHC) Community Health Institute and Expo in Dallas, Texas September 12-14, 2010. Stop by booth 215 to see us!
Jul 30, 2010
NDEP will be attending the American Association of Diabetes Educators 37th Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas August 4-7, 2010 to make several presentations. Stop by to see us!
- Betsy Rodriguez M.S.N, C.D.E. and Judith A. McDivitt, Ph.D. will launch the promotion of the Road to Health Tool Kit at a session at the AADE Bookstore called “Show and Tell of the Road to Health Tool Kit” on August 5 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Marti Funnell, M.S., R.N., C.D.E. will present a session entitled, “NDEP: Supporting Behavior Change and Quality of Life” on August 5 from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Joanne Gallivan, M.S., R.D. and Diane Tuncer will present a session entitled, “Translating New Research into a Public Health Campaign” on August 7 from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
- Betsy Rodriguez, M.S.N., C.D.E. and Alexis Williams, M.P.H., C.H.E.S. will present a session entitled, “NDEP Tool Kits: Facilitating Resource Implementation in Organizations Serving Ethnic Minority Populations” on August 7 from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.